Monday, January 2, 2012

Freeing My Mind

Interesting...


These questions have no right or wrong answers. Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.


1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? This is hard, since there are so many ages in front of myself which I have yet to be. But I'd honestly have to say 28, because I'm pretty happy where I am right now.


2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Failing.


3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Because we are too wrapped up in our selfish lives to realize that we're doing it.


4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I sure as hell hope not.


5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? Hurt. I hate to see people hurting.


6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Helping others and saving the world.


7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? A little of both. I absolutely love my job and where I'm at with life. However, if I had my way I would be doing non profit work full time.


8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I wouldn't be working a normal job, I can say that.


9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I didn't control a whole lot of it until the last 6 years. Now I feel like I control a good portion of it.


10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things. I'm going to screw up, make mistakes, and regret. But hopefully I will always do the right thing.


11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of
yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I politely give my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions be it distasteful and unjustified or praising. That's the beauty of our country - being able to have said opinions and voicing them without, hopefully fear of repercussion.


12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Love fully.


13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? It would depend on the law. Break the speed limit to get someone dying to the hospital? Absolutely. Kill someone? Absolutely not.


14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? hmmm....


15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I feel as though I need to choose my words carefully here. I know that I give of myself differently than many, but that in no way makes me a better person than the next. It's just different.


16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because we are all different, thank goodness. It's what makes us unique.


17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Travel the world. Easy - finances, kids, time off from work.


18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Every day.


19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I haven't been to enough places to answer this with certainty, but I would say somewhere with beautiful scenery.


20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No, because it doesn't.


21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joy always fills the heart.


22. Why are you, you? I suppose because it's who I've become.


23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I can only hope.


24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch.

25. What are you most grateful for? Being alive.



26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Lose the old ones; new ones can be made.


27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Sure.


28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? I have two major fears in life - one is losing a child, which has not come true, the other is spending my life alone, which has no come true either.


29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? sure.


30. Does it really matter now? It does in the sense that it made me a stronger, better, more cognizant person.


31. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Fishing with my grandad. Greatest man on earth right there.


32. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? If not now, then when? When I am doing something I love.


33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Everything and nothing.


34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? No, but I sure hope that happens before I die.


35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? I wish it didn't. I wish people were more tolerant. I'm Christian, but I don't pass any ill will or judgment on someone who wants to worship someone or something else. Just as I have a right to be a Christian, the next person has a right to be as they choose.


36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? I truly believe all evil has a shred of goodness somewhere deep inside. Sometimes it's just never revealed.


37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Nope.


38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work any day of the week.


39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Only 99.


40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? A couple of years ago. And I've grown so much because of it.


41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? As many as I could.


42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Never in a million years.


43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is simply breathing. Truly living is being passionate. It's feeling emotion. Loving. Empathizing. Living. Laughing. Dancing.


44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? The moment you know it's right, do it.


45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Society has taught us it isn't okay to mess up.


46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? So many things.


47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Today, I'm congested.


48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love my children.


49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Highly unlikely.


50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?  I make my own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment